HFO RefrigerantsHFO Blends from ClimalifeR448A Solstice® N40R449A Opteon™ XP40R450A Solstice® N13R452A Opteon™ XP44R452B Opteon™ XL55R452B Solstice® L41yR454A Opteon™ XL40R454B Opteon™ XL41R454C Opteon™ XL20R455A Solstice® L40XR513A Opteon™ XP10R515B Solstice® N15R1233zdOpteon XL10R1234yfR1234ze
Safety Data Sheets Technical Data Sheets Case Studies
R515B Solstice® N15
- Solstice® N15 is an azeotropic blend and is a product classified as non-flammable (A1) which can be used in applications similar to R-134a.
- Intended for new installations for applications such as chillers, heat pumps or air conditioning in extreme environments (e.g. foundry crane AC).
- With a GWP of 293 according to IPCC4, R-515B offers a low environmental impact alternative in applications where the long-term solution R-1234ze (GWP < 7) cannot be implemented for regulatory criteria.
- The refrigerating capacity of R-515B is identical to that of R-1234ze but is 25% less than R-134a. The overall size of the compressor will however be identical (larger swept volume but smaller electric motor size to reach the same capacity as R-134a).
- R-515B has an efficiency equivalent to R-134a and the discharge temperature/pressure of this new refrigerant is much lower than R-134a.
- R-515B also has the added advantage of being able to operate at high ambient temperatures due to its high critical temperature.
- Manufacturers offering R-1234ze can easily validate R-515B in a system of the same design.
Consult manufacturer data for more details.
|APPLICATIONS:||Chillers, heat pumps & air conditioning applications, including high ambient temperature applications. Suitable for both direct expansion and flooded systems.|