Climalife introduces Samon GLACIÄR MIDI, simple reliable refrigerant gas detector.
What does GLACIÄR MIDI do?
GLACIÄR MIDI detects leaks of refrigerant gases that are harmful to the environment we live in, and harmful to the environments that people work in. By mitigating these leaks, our planet is protected against greenhouse gas emissions, our colleagues stay safe and healthy, and property is protected against the risks of system failure and explosion.
Why use GLACIÄR MIDI?
GLACIÄR MIDI can be configured for detection of synthetic refrigerants (HFC & HFO blends), natural refrigerants including CO2, NH3 and R290 (propane), and other hydrocarbon gases. We have used our extensive gas detection expertise to make it possible to detect all commonly used refrigerants with only 5 different sensor types, making it simple and easy to select the right detector for your application.
A range of connectivity choices are available for integration of GLACIÄR MIDI into refrigeration control systems and/or building management systems. Modbus, analogue output, and relay contacts are available as standard. Installation is made easy by the availability of multiple cable glands located for easy access.
Advantages of GLACIÄR MIDI?
- All sensor types compatible with the GLACIÄR MIDI detector platform
- HFC/HFO blends detected via just two broad-band sensor variants
- CO2 detection via infra-red sensor
- Electrochemical sensors for NH3 detection
- R290 (propane) & hydrocarbon
- Comes ready to install with standard configuration
- Multiple cable glands located for easy access to power connections & output terminals
- Pluggable screw terminals for simple installation on site
- IP67-rated enclosure & -40°C - + 50°C operating range suitable for all refrigeration environments
Designed with you in mind
SAMON has drawn on over 30 years’ experience in the refrigeration industry to design a gas detector to meet the needs of every user. Providing interfaces for set-up, configuration, and maintenance via both a digital app connection and via an analogue service-wheel, GLACIÄR MIDI can be used in all refrigeration environments without the need for any special tools.
SAMON products have a warranty rate of less than 0.001% - we understand how important reliability is to our customers and build it into everything we do. GLACIÄR MIDI is designed to be robust and reliable in machinery rooms, cold rooms, and the harshest of industrial refrigeration applications.
MULTIPLE CONFIGURABLE OUTPUTS
- Alarm indication via relay contacts for high- and low-alarm levels
- Interface to control systems via Modbus RTU over RS485 & selectable analogue output range
- Visual health-check via high-intensity status LEDs
- Selectable dedicated fault relay
INTELLIGENT SERVICE & MAINTENANCE
- Service counter tells you when service is needed
- Bluetooth® connectivity to app for configuration & calibration (Android™ & iOS)
- Analogue configuration via service-wheel & magnetic switch
- Pre-calibrated sensor module replacements Sensor lifetime counter